opentaps In The Cloud with Amazon EC2
Want to get up and running quickly and easily on enterprise-class open source ERP and CRM?
Want to run it on demand on world class infrastructure and pay by the hour?
Now you can.
We’ve introduced opentaps In The Cloud with Amazon EC2. These are pre-configured Amazon Machine Image (AMI) with opentaps, MySQL, and Linux running on Amazon EC2. With this combination, you get all the benefits of the cloud: easy to deploy, easy to maintain, low upfront and long-term infrastructure costs. But you also get all the benefits of open source: flexibility, low cost applications, and control — control of your software and most importantly, your data. Finally, the two together make getting up and running with opentaps amazingly easy.
How Easy Is It?
Take a look at this video:
I was able to set up opentaps, import my data, and start taking orders, processing them, and generating invoices in 15 minutes.
Why don’t you try it and see how fast setting up “enterprise software” can be?
opentaps 1.5M2 with Apache OFBiz 10.04 Released
Last month we’ve also released opentaps 1.5M2, upgraded to use the Apache OFBiz 10.04 release from earlier this year. In addition to the enhancements of opentaps 1.5M1, this version features the following enhancements from OFBiz:
- Upgrade to Apache Tomcat 6.0.26
- Upgrade to Apache Axis 2
- Integration with RBS Worldpay, Sage Payment, Chase Orbital Payment gateways
- Integration with Endicia shipping system
- Improved Google checkout integration
- Improved eBay and Google Base integration, including support for multi store
- Added web analytics support, with support for google and bing analytics.
- Additional translations including Hindi
- Support for multi-tenant databases
This release is currently recommended for testing the new version of OFBiz. For production deployments, we continue to recommend opentaps 1.5M1 for now.
opentaps 1.4.2 Released
We have also released an incremental bug fix release for opentaps version 1.4. This version includes patches and fixes for users of opentaps 1.4.1 and can be downloaded from SourceForge
New Partners join opentaps
We’re pleased to let you know that the A-Tech Group has joined as an opentaps Partner for the Middle East and North Africa region. IntelliAnt has joined as an opentaps Partner for South and Southeast Asia.
New Training Videos Available
Shop.opentaps.org, our online store for opentaps training materials continues to grow. We’ve added new training videos for BOMs, Production Runs, Material Resources Planning (MRP), Quotes, CRM Basics, and Introduction to opentaps CRM.
A Couple of Great Offers
Finally, a couple of great offers I’d like to share with you:
- Even with all excitement around Facebook and Twitter, don’t forget email marketing. This is a proven, reliable way to generate sales and build your brand. We’ve partnered with the iContact email marketing service to bring you a special offer: You can get a 15-day free trial and $10 off. Just contact us for your special coupon code.
- If you need to monitor the performance of your Java application, including opentaps, OFBiz, Tomcat, or JBoss, we’d recommend New Relic RPM. It’s super easy to set up, very user friendly, and offers a wealth of information about your application’s performance and Java Virtual Machine and database related statistics. We also have a special offer for New Relic as well: You can get a free month of New Relic Gold with promo code OPENTAPS30.